Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive alternative to surgery for conditions that cause chronic pain such as tendinitis.
In order to treat inflamed areas of the body that are in persistent pain, shockwave therapy involves generating wave pulses similar to sound waves called rapid frequency vibration (RPV) on the target area. This action promotes bone and tissue healing with minimum discomfort and recovery time.
At our North York location, our team of specialists apply shockwave therapy in the areas of:
- Sports medicine
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Workplace Related Accidents (WSIB)
How Shockwave Therapy at Our North York Clinic Works
At our North York clinic, we apply our shockwave therapy treatments in multiple sessions that are designed to accelerate healing at the same time as decreasing overall pain.
Shockwave therapy treatment sessions aim to:
- Stimulate cells – Promote regeneration and regrowth at the cellular level.
- Stimulate blood flow – Causes more blood to reach the affected area which in turn accelerates the healing process and reduces inflammation.
- Decrease muscle tones and spasms – Ensures overall pain reduction.
Our experienced staff of healthcare professionals achieves this by employing high-energy acoustic RPV waves.
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy
Shockwave therapy has been proven to be an effective method to recovery from chronic pain. It is a modern physiotherapy method that has successfully aided in the recovery of joint pain and soft tissue damage.
Here are some benefits of shockwave therapy:
- Non-invasive – If you want to avoid surgery, prescription medication, and the possible side effects that could come with those treatments, then shockwave therapy is an appealing option.
- No serious side effects – Shockwave therapy is proven to have zero side effects upon treatment.
- Success rate of 60 to 90 percent – Numerous studies have shown that those who undergo shockwave therapy report positive results that treat pain quickly and effectively.
Do You Need Shockwave Therapy?
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is experienced at applying shockwave therapy for numerous conditions, including foot conditions, which have proven to benefit greatly from this sort of treatment.
At the Healthmax Physiotherapy North York clinic you can receive shockwave treatment for:
- Foot conditions
- Joint pain such as tennis elbow and shoulder inflammation
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendon conditions such as Achilles Tendonitis
- Connective tissue injuries
- Bone conditions like slow-healing fractures and the necrosis of bone tissue
- Heel pain/spurs
- Rotator Cuff injuries
Our clinic offers comprehensive shockwave therapy for chronic pain to patients. Book an appointment online today for an assessment to learn how we can help you down your road of recover.