Did you know that proper posture can help prevent back pain?
WHY IS GOOD POSTURE IMPORTANT?
It is essential to practice healthy posture to keep your spine stable and strong. Sitting and standing in the right position makes sure our body is functioning properly. Slouching, stooping, or incorrectly bending your ligaments and muscles causes you to lose your balance. This can lead to headaches, back pain and other problems. It is important to train yourself to maintain good posture when sitting, standing, lying, and walking to allow limited strain to those supporting muscles and ligaments. Other reasons for good posture are:
– Decreases stress on ligaments which holds the joints of the spine
– Prevents muscle pain and backache
– Makes you less fatigue by allowing yourself to use your muscles more efficiently
– Contributes to good appearance
– Prevents arthritis
– Maintains natural curves of the spine
For a free medical consultation ,please visit our HealthMax Physiotherapy – Thornhill clinic or call us at 905-709-8999