Get a Step-by-Step Plan to Overcome Driving Anxiety
The Driver Rehab Process at Healthmax
The feeling of pressure mounts quickly; You begin to feel the rush of adrenaline overtaking your body, as your mind races a mile a minute. Your vision narrows and you begin to sweat…the feeling is overwhelming.
No matter how hard you try to concentrate, you can’t help but think of the worst-case scenario. Your temperature is through the roof now and you can feel a tingling sensation throughout your body. When will this feeling subside? Why can’t you control it?
Is anxiety in the driver’s seat of your life? Does it prevent you from being able to function on a daily basis? A 2016 study in Ontario found that 40% of respondents experience anxiety and never seek help. Many of these occur as a result of operating a vehicle.
Whether you’ve experienced a traumatic accident, or you’re simply having difficulty dealing with life’s many stresses; Healthmax driver rehab and anxiety treatment options can help you take control and manage the pressure.
Driving Anxiety Assessment
Understanding the source of your anxiety is important to your recovery plan. We conduct a thorough assessment of your mental state to fully understand your needs and to develop a targeted treatment plan.
- We review your current issues with driving to determine the specific needs you have for your rehab process
- We will review the list of medications (if any) that have been prescribed to you.
- Our Ontario Licensed Instructors will assess your driving ability with a comprehensive evaluation of risk management, decision making skills, vision, perception and reaction time.
- We use a variety of tools and observational methods that properly diagnose your psychological health to develop an effective treatment plan
Motor Vehicle Accident Rehabilitation
A traumatic accident can be the precursor to longer-lasting issues with physical well-being. At Healthmax we address both the mental and physical damages resulting from a car accident.
- Our physiotherapy treatment will help you deal with pain and restore range of motion. Using joint manipulation, manual therapy and corrective exercises physiotherapy can heal damaged bones and tissue
- Chronic Pain management addresses your nagging injuries that are ongoing and have lasted longer than roughly 6 months. We use a variety of treatment options to get you back to optimal health, such as massage therapy and acupuncture
- A concussion can occur as a result of trauma to the head, as well as severe whiplash. A Healthmax concussion management program can help guide your recovery back to regular activity.
Driving Anxiety Treatment Methods…
Common Driver Anxiety Conditions We Treat…